West Orange NJ
West Orange is a township located in Essex County, New Jersey, United States. Here is some general information about the town:
- Population: As of the 2020 Census, the population of West Orange was approximately 47,063.
- Location: West Orange is located in northern New Jersey, about 14 miles west of New York City.
- History: West Orange was originally settled in the 1700s, and was primarily a farming community for many years. In the late 1800s, the town became a popular location for summer homes and resorts, and it began to grow and develop into a suburban community in the early 1900s.
- Education: West Orange has its own public school system, which includes several elementary schools, three middle schools, and one high school. The town is also home to several private schools, including Seton Hall Preparatory School and Golda Och Academy.
- Parks and Recreation: West Orange has a number of parks and recreational facilities, including parks with playgrounds and sports fields, a public pool, and a skate park. The town is also home to the Turtle Back Zoo and the Thomas Edison National Historical Park.
- Transportation: West Orange is served by several major highways, including the Garden State Parkway and Route 280. The town also has a train station that provides access to New York City and other parts of New Jersey.
Overall, West Orange is a diverse and vibrant community that offers a suburban lifestyle with easy access to the cultural and economic opportunities of New York City.
West Orange NJ Properties
About the Neighborhood
The dissemination of listings on this website does not constitute the consent required by N.J.A.C. 11:5.6.1 (n) for the advertisement of listings exclusively for sale by another broker. Any such consent must be obtained in writing from the listing broker.
Copyright © 2023 Garden State Multiple Listing Service, L.L.C. All rights reserved.