Bloomfield is a township located in Essex County, New Jersey, United States. Here is some general information about the town:
- Population: As of the 2020 Census, the population of Bloomfield was approximately 49,236.
- Location: Bloomfield is located in northern New Jersey, about 13 miles west of New York City.
- History: Bloomfield was originally settled in the 1600s, and was primarily an agricultural community for many years. In the late 1800s and early 1900s, the town began to develop into a suburban community, and it grew rapidly in the post-World War II era.
- Education: Bloomfield has its own public school system, which includes several elementary schools, two middle schools, and one high school. The town is also home to Bloomfield College, a private liberal arts college.
- Parks and Recreation: Bloomfield has a number of parks and recreational facilities, including parks with playgrounds and sports fields, a public pool, and a community center. The town is also home to the Bloomfield Center Historic District, which includes a variety of shops, restaurants, and cultural attractions.
- Transportation: Bloomfield is served by several major highways, including the Garden State Parkway and Route 3. The town also has a train station that provides access to New York City and other parts of New Jersey.
Overall, Bloomfield is a diverse and vibrant community that offers a suburban lifestyle with easy access to the cultural and economic opportunities of New York City.
Bloomfield Township Properties
About the Neighborhood
The dissemination of listings on this website does not constitute the consent required by N.J.A.C. 11:5.6.1 (n) for the advertisement of listings exclusively for sale by another broker. Any such consent must be obtained in writing from the listing broker.
Copyright © 2023 Garden State Multiple Listing Service, L.L.C. All rights reserved.