Maplewood is a township located in Essex County, New Jersey, United States. Here is some general information about the town:
- Population: As of the 2020 Census, the population of Maplewood was approximately 24,697.
- Location: Maplewood is located in northern New Jersey, about 17 miles west of New York City.
- History: Maplewood was originally settled in the early 1700s, and was primarily a farming community for many years. In the late 1800s and early 1900s, the town began to develop into a suburban community, and it grew rapidly in the post-World War II era.
- Education: Maplewood has its own public school system, which includes four elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school. The town is also home to several private schools, including the Columbia High School.
- Parks and Recreation: Maplewood has a number of parks and recreational facilities, including parks with playgrounds and sports fields, a public pool, and a community center. The town is also home to the South Mountain Reservation, a large nature reserve that includes hiking trails, picnic areas, and scenic views.
- Transportation: Maplewood is served by several major highways, including the Garden State Parkway and Route 78. The town also has a train station that provides access to New York City and other parts of New Jersey.
Overall, Maplewood is a diverse and vibrant community that offers a suburban lifestyle with easy access to the cultural and economic opportunities of New York City. It has a reputation for being a very friendly and welcoming community, with a strong sense of civic engagement and community involvement.
MapleWood NJ Properties
About the Neighborhood
The dissemination of listings on this website does not constitute the consent required by N.J.A.C. 11:5.6.1 (n) for the advertisement of listings exclusively for sale by another broker. Any such consent must be obtained in writing from the listing broker.
Copyright © 2023 Garden State Multiple Listing Service, L.L.C. All rights reserved.