Livingston is a township located in Essex County, New Jersey, United States. Here is some general information about the town:
- Population: As of the 2020 Census, the population of Livingston was approximately 30,104.
- Location: Livingston is located in northern New Jersey, about 22 miles west of New York City.
- History: Livingston was originally settled in the 1700s, and was primarily an agricultural community for many years. In the mid-1900s, the town began to develop into a suburban community, and it experienced significant growth in the post-World War II era.
- Education: Livingston has its own public school system, which includes six elementary schools, two middle schools, and one high school. The town is also home to several private schools, including the Aquinas Academy and the Newark Academy.
- Parks and Recreation: Livingston has a number of parks and recreational facilities, including parks with playgrounds and sports fields, a public pool, and a community center. The town is also home to the Livingston Mall, which includes a variety of shops and restaurants.
- Transportation: Livingston is served by several major highways, including the Garden State Parkway and Route 280. The town also has a train station that provides access to New York City and other parts of New Jersey.
Overall, Livingston is a well-established and affluent community that offers a suburban lifestyle with easy access to the cultural and economic opportunities of New York City.
The dissemination of listings on this website does not constitute the consent required by N.J.A.C. 11:5.6.1 (n) for the advertisement of listings exclusively for sale by another broker. Any such consent must be obtained in writing from the listing broker.
Copyright © 2023 Garden State Multiple Listing Service, L.L.C. All rights reserved.